Online Consumer Privacy Notice
Issued/Effective December 12, 2019
Table Of Contents
- Obtaining and Handling Your Consent
- What PI Hanesbrands Collects
- How Hanesbrands Uses Your PI
- How Hanesbrands Protects Your Personal Information
- How Your Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties
- Cross-Border Data Transfer of Your Personal Information
- Updating Your Account Information and Managing Your Preferences
- Information about Children Under 13
- Revisions and Updates
- Your California Privacy Rights
- How to Submit Privacy Related Inquiries, Complaints and Requests
At HanesBrands, we respect our customers and understand that you may have concerns about privacy. This Consumer Privacy Notice ("Notice") provides an overview of the practices of HanesBrands Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associates ("HanesBrands",
"we","our","us") with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information ("PI") about consumers.
constitute a single
Agreement that governs your use of the Site
in this Notice, is intended to refer to HanesBrands consumers and visitors to the Site. This Notice applies to information collected on the Site. If you have provided your information through the site of one of our non-US based companies, you should
This Notice does not apply to or govern:
- Our HanesBrands Corporate site; or
- Our Hanes For Good site; or
- Our collection and use of information in connection with purchases made at our retail locations or through our mail order catalogs; or
- Third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms, or applications) which we do not own or control. These sites may have their own privacy notices and terms and conditions that you should consult.
We are providing this Notice to help you better understand the following:
We encourage you to refer to this Notice periodically so that you understand our current practices regarding information collected about you through your use
(as defined in the Terms of
2. Obtaining and Handling Your Consent
HanesBrands will seek to obtain your consent where required by applicable law. HanesBrands respects your decisions about the collection and use of your Personal Information. You have the ability to revoke your consent at any time subject to applicable
legal obligations, and you may do so by clicking an "unsubscribe" link included in a communication or by contacting HanesBrands using the contact information below. Certain privacy laws and regulations impose restrictions on the sale, rental and other
transfers of Personal Information in exchange for any valuable consideration. HanesBrands values your privacy and is committed to safeguarding your Personal Information, hence, HanesBrands does not sell any of your Personal Information to any person/entity.
3. What PI Hanesbrands Collects
HanesBrands may collect information from a variety of sources, including information provided by you, information we collect when you use the Site or purchase products through it, and information about you that we receive from third-party sources.
HanesBrands has identified our sources of information, together with examples of the kinds of information collected by each source:
Information You Provide: We may collect Personal Information from you when you use the Site. For example, you may provide such information when you search for and buy a product, subscribe to various services such as email communications,
post reviews or other user-generated content, compile a "My Favorites" list or other product list, participate in contests or questionnaires, respond to a survey, or communicate with customer service, among other things. For purposes of this Notice,
Personal Information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly, or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household that comes into our possession.
Examples of the types of Personal Information that we may request from you include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Name (first, middle initial, and last)
- Address (billing and shipping)
- Zip code
- E-mail address
- Telephone number(s)
- Mobile telephone number(s)
- Date of birth or age
- Security question answers
- Credit card or other payment information for purchases you make on the Site
- Commercial information including your order history (including items considered, search history, returns or exchanges)
- Unique personal identifier
- Online identifier
- Internet protocol (IP) address
(collectively, "Cookies") to receive and store certain types of information whenever you use or interact with the Site. This information may include the pages you visit on our Site, the web address from which you came, the type of browser/device/hardware
you are using, items considered, search history, Internet protocol address, purchase information and checkout process information, search terms and mobile geographic location. This information helps us to recognize you, customize your website experience
and analysis purposes (such as how you are shopping our website, the performance of our marketing efforts and your response to those marketing efforts). Cookies may also be used in connection with our content appearing on other websites or mobile
- Information from Third Parties: We also obtain Personal Information from third parties. For example, portions of the Site may include features or widgets from various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter,
- Mobile Information: When you use the Site on a mobile device or when you download or use any apps created by us, we may receive information about your location. We may also receive information about your mobile device itself, including
your device's unique identifier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services and other services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content.
If you choose not to provide certain information, this may impact your use of certain resources or services that are provided by HanesBrands. At the time of making such a choice to not provide certain information, you will be notified about the impact
of your choice.
4. How Hanesbrands Uses Your PI
We may use the information we collect from you and about your use of our Site for a variety of reasons related to our business operations and as set forth in this Notice, and we may combine information about you that we collect online, in our stores,
via mobile applications and from third-party sources. Examples of ways that we may use such information include the following:
- Business communication: To communicate with you for business reasons. Or, to let you know about changes to our policies or in response to your inquiry
- Responding to your requests (including, for example, to process an order; enter a sweepstakes; post a testimonial, photograph, comment, or question, or to receive product information or catalogs, or to enroll in our e-mail program);
- Inviting you to participate in market research;
- Providing any necessary notices to our visitors and notifying them about Site updates;
- Sending catalogs, printed materials, offers and other announcements to postal addresses and allowing our affiliates and other reputable third-party marketers to do the same;
- Sending e-mail offers, announcements, or newsletters to your e-mail address (these e-mails may come from any of us at HanesBrands, including any HanesBrands affiliate);
- Contacting you (either by a traditional voice call or through a SMS or text message) on a residential or mobile telephone number you have given us, to provide you with information about our products, special offers, or promotions;
- Contacting you using a telephone number you have given us, to complete a transaction you have initiated with us;
- Enabling users to register an account on the Site and to log in using their credentials from a Social Media Platform;
- Providing apps or interactive features of the Site, such as product reviews or marketing communications and other information regarding our products, services and promotions;
- Administering promotions, surveys and focus groups; and
- Providing location-based services, including search results and other personalized content, through use of location information obtained from your mobile device.
- Resource monitoring: To monitor usage of HanesBrands facilities and resources, and secure HanesBrands premises, assets and information
- Tracking our visitors' use of the Site for internal research purposes and to enhance our product messaging to you;
- Improving the content, appearance and utility of the Site; and
- Monitoring against theft and fraud.
- Legal and regulatory: Compliance, internal control evaluations and audits (including those conducted by HanesBrands' internal and external audit service providers), and, to the extent permitted in this Notice and by the applicable
law, providing assistance to law enforcement.
HanesBrands does not sell, trade, or lease any of your Personal Information for any purpose to any third party, including marketing, unless permitted by you.
5. How Hanesbrands Protects Your Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database, or system is completely secure or "hacker proof." As such, you are also responsible for
taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers' Personal Information and financial account credentials. "Phishers" use "spoofed" e-mails
to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords and Social Security numbers.
WE DO NOT SEND E-MAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SUCH EXAMPLES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such e-mail communication, please forward it immediately to
and then immediately delete the fraudulent e-mail from your computer.
6. How Your Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties
HanesBrands respects your privacy and, accordingly, shares Personal Information with third parties in a limited number of circumstances:
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information within the HanesBrands family of companies for marketing and/or other administrative purposes.
- Third-Parties: We may contract with other companies to provide certain services to us, including credit card processing, shipping, e-mail distribution, changing mailing addresses, market research, promotions management, database
management, and advertising and promotion management. These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information or non- Personal Information in order to perform their functions, but they may not use this information for other purposes.
These companies are prohibited from using your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with others, but we cannot guarantee security of Personal Information and are not liable for misuse of it by others.
information about your visits to the Site (see Section “Automatically collected information” above for more details). Such non-identifiable information does not include your name, address, e-mail address, IP address or other
Personal Information. In addition to the information about your visits to the Site, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from us.
Our advertising partners may use third-party Cookies on our site. In the future, we may partner with other entities that will provide us with interest-based advertising (displayed on the Site or elsewhere on the Internet). For more information about
interest-based advertising and for a link to a tool that will enable you to manage third-party advertising preferences, see the Managing Your Preferences: Interest-Based Advertising, below.
HanesBrands may share your Personal Information with third parties (companies and organizations) under the following circumstances:
- Purposes authorized by you: When you have requested or authorized such sharing (e.g., payment processing, delivery of goods and services, participating in HanesBrands sponsored programs, if you create a "My Favorites" list and elect
to make it available to the public)
- Co-Sponsored events: We sometimes work with an unaffiliated co-sponsor to provide certain contests, sweepstakes, promotions and other offerings to our consumers. We will let you know if an event or promotion is co-sponsored (for
example, by prominently displaying the co-sponsor's name and/or logo on applicable pages on the Site). As part of a co-sponsored event, we may provide the co-sponsor with information (including Personal Information) that is necessary to facilitate
for how our co-sponsors may use your Personal Information that we share in connection with a co-sponsored event.
in to the Site, we will ask you for your permission to access your data on the Social Media Platform to create a Site account.
- Protecting our interests; legal compliance: We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to comply with the law, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements,
and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our consumers, or others. If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our consumers. We also may retain
a copy of such transferred consumer information.
- Aggregated information: We may share with third parties certain aggregate information (that is, information that does not directly identify an individual). This allows us to give you a more personalized experience when you use the
Remember that this Notice only applies to information collected through the Site. It is possible that our policies relating to information collected at our retail locations or through our mail order catalog may permit us to share Personal Information
in different circumstances, even if that information has also been collected through the Site pursuant to this Notice.
7. Cross-Border Data Transfer of Your Personal Information
Since HanesBrands is a multinational organization with a presence in many countries, your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders and may be accessed by HanesBrands entities as well as affiliated vendors and suppliers from countries
with varying degrees of protection for your Personal Information. Any international transfer of your Personal Information will be done in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
8. Updating Your Account Information and Managing Your Preferences
You may update your account information and preferences by:
- Updating your account information:
- If you are a registered user of the Site, you can use the My Account page on the Site to update your contact, shipping, and other account information.
- If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online in My Order
- If you have any additional questions, please call our Customer Service department at (800) 832-0594.
- Managing Your Preferences. We want to communicate with you in the most effective manner, whether by sending you relevant marketing materials or by operating an intuitive and informative website. At the same time, we appreciate that your preferences
regarding marketing, promotions and online privacy will continue to evolve. This section provides you with information on how you can fine-tune your preference settings.
- Hanesbrands Marketing and Promotions. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us, you may notify us of your choice in several different ways. You may send an e-mail to email@example.com;
you may write to:
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, postal address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure, we handle your request correctly.
Hanes Consumer Services,
Hanesbrands Inc., P.O. Box 986,
Rural Hall, NC 27045-0283;
or you may call (800) 283-5215
In addition, each time we send you an e-mail marketing
message, we give you the option to unsubscribe from the applicable brand's promotional e-mail list by simply clicking the unsubscribe link included in the e-mail.
We may, however, continue to contact you via e-mail if you have subscribed
to any of our other brand-specific e-mail lists. We may also continue to contact you by e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account, services, features or functions
in which you have enrolled or registered to use, other promotions or contests in which you have participated or have entered, goods and/or services you have ordered, and other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
- Third-Party Services: This Notice does not cover any use of Personal Information or non-personal information that a third party may collect from you or that you may make available through use of the Site or our branded pages on a
the privacy policies and controls of applicable third-party service providers and Social Media Platforms.
- Mobile Devices: Most mobile devices allow you to customize various privacy settings, such as location services and push notifications. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service provider or the
manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust the settings on your device. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your location information through the mobile version of the Site, you may not be able to use some or all
of the Site's features.
- Interest-Based Advertising and Do-Not Track Settings: Interest-based advertising uses information about you to provide relevant, targeted advertising likely to be of interest to you. Click
here to get additional information about interest based advertising for additional information on interest-based advertising. Although some web browsers offer "do not track" options, the Site does
not currently honor "do-not-track" browser settings. If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please click here to opt out of interest based advertising.
if you choose opt-out of Hanesbrands' interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising from us, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
- Cookies: Internet browser software may allow you to change settings and prevent websites from automatically setting Cookies. Some media players, such as Flash, allow you to manage local shared objects. If you do change these settings,
it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions on our Site, and you may need to re-enter information when you use the Site at a later time. You should consult with the publisher or licensor of your browser and media players if
you want to change the settings or if you are experiencing trouble browsing our Site.
9. Information about Children Under 13
We recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Information where children are involved, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, unless the child is the age between 13 and 16
and provides direct consent. We do not sell products for purchase by children, but some portions of the Site may offer children's products for purchase by adults. If you as a parent or guardian believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided
our website with Personal Information, we ask that you call (800) 283-5215
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we will delete the information about
the child from our files.
10. Revisions and Updates
We reserve the right to change this Notice and will provide an appropriate notification (by, for example, posting a notice on the front page of the Site) if we materially change the Notice. When we make changes to this Notice, we will update the
revision date at the top of this page. Any changes to our Notice will become effective upon our posting of the revised Notice on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Notice then in effect.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
The following are the privacy rights guaranteed if you are California resident
12. How to Submit Privacy Related Inquiries, Complaints and Requests
You may use the contact information below to update or amend the Personal Information that HanesBrands has about you, or to submit a general privacy related inquiry or complaint or request in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. HanesBrands
will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- E-mail: email@example.com to submit general privacy related inquiry
- Telephone: (800) 283-5215
- Mailing address: Privacy Administrator, HanesBrands Inc., P.O. Box 986, Rural Hall, NC 27045-0283
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, address, and/or telephone number(s) so that we can verify your identify and handle your request appropriately. Last updated: December 11, 2019